The Education Department and Shihiya School teachers are meeting via conference and video calling on an ongoing basis to plan for the educational needs of students and members. Department staff are gathering information from our families, students and education partners to make the transition as manageable as possible.
- Phase 1: March 30 - April 3
- Planning for home learning opportunities
- Teachers have met via Zoom app
- Conference calls and Zoom app with department staff. These will continue to happen Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
- Support staff have been contacted
- Phase 2: April 6-10
- Continue planning for home learning opportunities
- Protocol for building access by staff to be established by April 6
- Conference calls every Monday, Wednesday and Friday with department staff
- Teachers will share possible learning strategies for students to parents.
- Teachers will check-in with students on a regular basis (via phone call/email/conferencing apps).
- Pre-K-grade 7 focus will be literacy, numeracy and health and well-being
- Phase 3: April 13-17
- Teachers to share information about an in-depth learning plan and continue to check-in with students and families regularly
School District No. 83
Splatsin continues to work with School District No. 83 to ensure that your child’s educational needs will be met during this school closure. As of last week, you should have received a phone call from your child’s teacher. If you have not received a call, please contact the education department below.
After this initial contact, you can expect that the learning materials will roll out by April 14th.
Learn more here
Splatsin has been in contact with post-secondary students ensuring that they are healthy and safe. It is a challenging time for our students as they have had to adapt from in-person classes to virtual or distance learning. Splatsin continues to offer help where it’s needed.
It is also a difficult time for new applicants as they are unsure as to what will happen to their future programs. Splatsin is in contact with post-secondary institutions as to what the future programming may look like and will update the community as soon as possible.
If there is anything Education staff can do to assist your and your family with at this time please do not hesitate to contact them on Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Darrell Jones, Education Director
Reidun Kopp, Head Teacher
Nerissa Joseph, Education Assistant