We are currently recruiting a full-time qualified Title and Rights Director join our team of professionals.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Executive Advisor and Council Strategy holder for Title and Rights, the Title and Rights Director will strive to achieve constant positive movement in the assertion and recognition of Splatsin Title and Rights for the Splatsin people.
- Business Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Public Administration, Law or an equivalent with a minimum of five (5) years experience in management positions
- Comprehensive understanding of Aboriginal rights
- Must possess knowledge of the culture, customs, aspirations, traditions and governance of First Nations
- Proficiency in community economic and business development
- Effective financial management skills
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Seasoned report writing and verbal presentation skills
- Proven experience establishing and sustaining effective relationships, partnerships and networks with a diverse range of key stakeholders
- Ability to effectively manage economic development and other related planning processes
- Experience in group facilitation, consensus building and negotiation
- Ability to deal with diverse groups of people and interests, organize multi-faceted activities and manage time effectively
- Working knowledge of computers including word, power point, accounting and data base programs
Preference will be given to those candidates with direct experience working with First Nations people and communities. Also needed will be a current valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract, and criminal vulnerable records check. Only those applicants who are successful will be contracted for an interview.
If you are a reliable, team player that enjoys a dynamic work environment, competitive salary and benefit package and an opportunity to share your skills and talents, we would like to hear from you. Please forward your resume and covering letter to [email protected], fax 250.838.2131 or send to
P.O. Box 460
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS:
May 24, 2019
Pursuant to section 16 of the Canadian Human Rights Act preference may be given to applicants of aboriginal ancestry.