Splatsin Stsmamlt Services is an organization of social workers and family support workers who are responsible for carrying out community’s child and family service program. We are currently recruiting a full-time qualified Social Worker to join our team of professionals for a 13-month maternity leave coverage.
The purpose of this position is to support Splatsin families and children while providing a broad range of social services, such as: family preservation, ensuring the safety and providing guardianship services to Splatsin children, developing individual and customized child and youth plans, integrating Secwepemc/Splatsin culture and values in day-to-day practice and maintaining caseload and all necessary paperwork.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Social Work, Child & Youth Care, related degree, or equivalent
- At least 2 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of First Nation issues, including communities, family structure, customs and traditions
- Valid driver’ license
- Clear driver’s abstract
- Criminal record check
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong ability to build relationships and rapport
- High ethical standards
- Discretion & respect for confidentiality
If you are a reliable, team player that enjoys a dynamic work environment, competitive salary (equivalent to industry standards) and benefit package and an opportunity to share your skills and talents, we would like to hear from you. Please forward your resume and covering letter to [email protected], fax 250.838.2131 or send to
P.O. Box 460
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS:
March 25, 2019
Pursuant to section 16 of the Canadian Human Rights Act preference may be given to applicants of aboriginal ancestry.
Although we thank all who apply, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.