The purpose of the CEO is to work with the Board of Directors to define the Corporation’s strategic direction and prepare an economic development strategy, the Corporation’s associated strategic and annual work plan and budget of this $35,000,000 annual revenue corporation. The CEO will provide direct oversight of the award winning Corporation’s companies which consist of:
- Natural Resource Construction - Splatsin Construction Services designs, develops and delivers tailored and turn-key solutions to organizations operating in the natural environment throughout the Interior.
- Yucwmenlúcwu (Caretakers of the Land) - a cultural and natural resource management company that provides a complete range of environmental, archaeology, and forestry services.
- Quilakwa Stop 'N' Shop - The Quilakwa Centre features a Tim Horton's restaurant, mini-mart, Esso gas bar, artisan gallery, and ample parking for recreational vehicles or tour buses.
- Quilakwa RV Park - Quilakwa RV Park is located along the banks of the beautiful Shuswap River in the heart of Enderby, BC with 20 RV and 30+ tenting sites.
Qualifications and Requirements
The CEO position requires a self starter; an individual with strong entrepreneurial acumen, knowledge and ability to compensate for any formal educational shortfall. The individual should have at least 15 years experience in progressively more responsible positions.
Other requisite attributes are:
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Public Administration, Law or an equivalent with a minimum of fifteen (15) years experience in management positions
- Must possess knowledge of the culture, customs, aspirations, traditions and governance of First Nations
- Proficiency in community economic and business development
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Seasoned report writing and verbal presentation skills
- Knowledge and understanding of the economic component of Aboriginal Title
- Ability to provide mentorship and ensure professional development of your team
- Proven experience establishing and sustaining effective relationships, partnerships and networks with a diverse range of key stakeholders
- Experience in board governance including document preparation and reporting
- Expertise as a strategic planner
- Ability to effectively manage economic development and other related planning processes
- Experience in group facilitation, consensus building and negotiation
- Effective financial management skills
- Ability to deal with diverse groups of people and interests, organize multi-faceted activities and manage time effectively
- Working knowledge of computers including word, power point, accounting and data base programs
- Effective human resource management skills
- Training and/or experience in a field related to the economy of the area (forestry, mining, tourism, manufacturing, etc.) would be considered an asset
If you are a reliable, team player that enjoys a dynamic work environment, competitive salary and benefit package and an opportunity to share your skills and talents, we would like to hear from you. Please forward your resume, covering letter and salary expectations to [email protected], fax 250.838.2131 or send to
P.O. Box 460
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS:
March 29, 2019
Although we thank all who apply, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.