Splatsin is currently recruiting a Special Assistant to join our team of professionals.
The purpose of this position is to provide administrative and technical support to Kukpi7 and when directed by Kukpi7 to other staff. The Special Assistant provides effective and efficient services to ensure the smooth operation of daily activities and projects. This role reports to Kukpi7 and requires a high degree of confidentiality and professional conduct.
- Some University required with minimum 3 years administrative experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of Splatsin history, community and language is highly valued
- Strong ability to build relationships and rapport with community members and colleagues
- Able to work with people of all ages and backgrounds
- Sound ability to organize, prioritize, multi task and manage time
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Proficient computer skills
- Discretion & respect for confidentiality
- Clean criminal record check
- Knowledge of and ability to use English correctly and appropriately
- Perform duties with accuracy and within established timelines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential information
If you are a reliable, team player that enjoys a dynamic work environment, competitive salary and an opportunity to share your skills and talents, we would like to hear from you. Please forward your resume and covering letter to [email protected], fax 250.838.2131 or send to
P.O. Box 460
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS:
April 25, 2019
Pursuant to section 16 of the Canadian Human Rights Act preference may be given to applicants of aboriginal ancestry.