The Splatsin are the most southern tribe of the Shuswap Nation, the largest Interior Salish speaking First Nation in Canada whose aboriginal territory stretches from the BC/Alberta border near the Yellowhead Pass to the plateau west of the Fraser River, southeast to the Arrow Lakes and to the upper reaches of the Columbia River.
The purpose of this position is to support and assist in the delivery of recreation programs, activities and events for Splatsin children and youth.
• Diploma in Recreation, Social Work, or a related field.
• Certifications in CPR and First Aid or willingness to obtain
• Criminal record check with vulnerable sector
• Ability to work independently
• Demonstrated ability to be quick thinker
• Ability to be extremely flexible when dealing with challenging youth
• Clean driver’s abstract
• Class 4 driver’s license or willingness to obtain
If you are a reliable, team player that enjoys a dynamic work environment, competitive salary and benefit package and an opportunity to share your skills and talents, we would like to hear from you. Please forward your resume and covering letter to Human Resources via email, fax or mail:
Email: [email protected]
Fax: (250) 838-2131
Mail: Splatsin, P.O. Box 460, Enderby, B.C., V0E 1V0
Deadline for submissions: February 28th, 2020
Pursuant to section 16 of the Canadian Human Rights Act preference may be given to applicants of aboriginal ancestry.