The Splatsin are the most southern tribe of the Shuswap Nation, the largest Interior Salish speaking First Nation in Canada whose aboriginal territory stretches from the BC/Alberta border near the Yellowhead Pass to the plateau west of the Fraser River, southeast to the Arrow Lakes and the upper reaches of the Columbia River.
Shihiya School is currently recruiting a full-time qualified Janitor to join our team of professionals.
The purpose of this position is to ensure that all Health Canada guidelines for cleaning and disinfecting to prevent the spread of COVID 19 and other viral respiratory illnesses adhere; to create a hygienic, sanitary and welcoming environment for students and staff. This is a part-time position.
- Janitorial certification
- Proven experience as custodian, janitor or in a similar role
- Criminal record check
- Knowledge of use and maintenance of industrial cleaning equipment and appliances
- Knowledge of safe disposal of chemical liquids and other hazardous components
- Attention to detail and conscientiousness
- Very good physical condition and strength
- Strong communication skills
- Strong teamwork and positive work ethic
- Reliable vehicle for use to and from work
- Will consider a self-starter who has a combination of experience and/or education
If you are a reliable, team player that enjoys a dynamic work environment, a competitive wage, and an opportunity to share your skills and talents, we would like to hear from you. Please forward your resume and covering letter to [email protected]or send to
P.O. Box 460
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: July 6, 2020
Pursuant to section 16 of the Canadian Human Rights Act preference may be given to applicants of aboriginal ancestry.
Although we thank all who apply, only those selected for an interview will be contacted