The purpose of this position is to work as part of a team of healthcare professionals coordinating quality programs and services to community members and their families to support wellness and promote access to both Western and Traditional health.
- Experience working with First Nations clients and community preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work and be a registered member with the BC College of Social Workers in good standing. Equivalent education in a relative heath field will be considered.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a clinical setting.
- References supporting strong adherence to professional code of ethics and standard of practice
- Understanding of the impacts of colonization of First Nations communities in relation to mental health, addictions, trauma, grief & loss, etc.
- Knowledge of the Splatsin community is valued
- Strong ability to organize, prioritize, multi task and manage time
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient knowledge of computer and office equipment.
- Successful completion of Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
- Clean drivers abstract
- Valid Driver’s License / occasional use of personal vehicle required
If you are a reliable, team player that enjoys a dynamic work environment, competitive salary and an opportunity to share your skills and talents, we would like to hear from you. Please forward your resume and covering letter to [email protected], fax 250.838.2131 or send to
P.O. Box 460
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS:
April 26, 2019
Pursuant to section 16 of the Canadian Human Rights Act preference may be given to applicants of aboriginal ancestry.