Yucwmenlúcwu (Caretakers of the Land) LLP is a natural and cultural resource management company wholly owned by Splatsin, under the Splatsin Development Corporation, located in Enderby, B.C. Yucwmenlúcwu provides technical support and expertise to the Splatsin community, and external consulting services to our many clients and partners. Our team is composed of Forestry, Environment, and Heritage professionals and technicians. We are currently recruiting for a GIS Supervisor.
The purpose of this position is to conduct spatial data analysis and produce spatial deliverables in support of Environment, Forestry and Heritage projects. This position will support management decision making on resource planning and operations. The GIS Supervisor will be key to the development of procedures, and methods for collection, integration, maintenance, analysis, storage and distribution of digital corporate data. The GIS Supervisor will also support Yucwmenlúcwu field operations and assist in growing the business interests of the Company. The GIS Supervisor will be responsible for growing Yucwmenlúcwu’s GIS services, and developing and leading a small GIS team composed of GIS professionals and Splatsin community members.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Diploma or degree in geographic information systems, and up to three years gained in the last five years of related GIS experience
- Demonstrated experience in ESRI (ArcGIS) software, mapping and spatial analysis
- Demonstrated experience working on tasks requiring advanced knowledge of both raster and vector datasets
- Up to date with current processes related to data collection, and data dictionary generation
- Familiarity with CAD data conversions
- GIS experience supporting operational forestry
- Familiarity with BC government resource applications and datasets such as ESF, FWA, VRI 2.0, and RAAD.
- Previous supervisory experience
Organization and Leadership:
- Ability to construct, manage, and maintain geodatabases for various clients
- Active participation in a safe, healthy, and progressive work environment
- Ability to work independently, and prioritize scheduling of projects
- Ability to organize and maintain internal spatial databases
- Ability to adhere to regulatory mapping standards in a variety of disciplines
Preferred Skills and Attributes:
- Previous experience working with a First Nation Organization
- Experience in Environmental, Forestry, Cultural Heritage, and Archaeological mapping
- Positive, diplomatic, and understanding personality
If you are a reliable, team player that enjoys a dynamic work environment, competitive salary and benefits package and an opportunity to share your skills and talents, we would like to hear from you. Please forward your resume and covering letter to [email protected], fax 250.838.2131 or send to:
P.O. Box 460
Deadline for Submissions: June 12, 2020
Pursuant to section 16 of the Canadian Human Rights Act preference may be given to applicants of aboriginal ancestry.