Shihiya School is currently recruiting a Part-Time Temporary Community Garden Coordinator to join our team of professionals.
The purpose of this position is to support all community garden related activities such as; improving existing gardens and supporting traditional foods related activities. This is a temporary positions that will end on or before October 31, 2019.
- Previous experience working within a First Nations community or organization is considered an asset
- Knowledge of the Splatsin community is valued
- Previous gardening experience
- Ability to use all gardening tools
- Physical strength, stamina and skill to do all garden related tasks
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to use tools required in building gardening boxes
- Able to build rapport with community members and colleagues
- Good ability to problem solve
- Use of a reliable vehicle with appropriate insurance for work related purposes
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license with Satisfactory driver’s abstract
If you are a reliable, team player that enjoys a dynamic work environment and an opportunity to share your skills and talents, we would like to hear from you. Please forward your resume and covering letter to [email protected], fax 250.838.2131 or send to
P.O. Box 460
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS:
May 1, 2019
Pursuant to section 16 of the Canadian Human Rights Act preference may be given to applicants of aboriginal ancestry.