We are currently recruiting a full-time qualified Child and Youth Mental Health Clinician to join our team of professionals.
The purpose of this position is to provide direct service for children and youth in (4) communities of the Secwepemc Nation. These include Splatsin, Neskonlith, Adams Lake, and Little Shuswap.
- Master’s Degree in Counselling, Psychology, Social Work, or relevant field and in good standing of a professional regulatory body
- Direct experience working with First Nations people and communities
- Provide culturally safe, trauma-informed counselling service to children and youth ages five to eighteen
- Provide support and education services for families of clients where appropriate
- Maintenance of client confidentiality and privacy in accordance with professional regulatory guidelines and following standards of practice and legal requirements
- Provide client referrals to external agencies, internal services, traditional healers and other culturally relevant resources
- Provide advocacy support to clients and families to access appropriate programs and services
- Participate in inter-disciplinary care conferences including the use of tele-health and e-health technologies
- Participate in regular clinical supervision and case consultation with program team management
Preference will be given to those candidates with direct experience working with First Nations people and communities. Also needed will be a current valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract, and criminal vulnerable records check. Only those applicants who are successful will be contracted for an interview.
If you are a reliable, team player that enjoys a dynamic work environment, competitive salary and benefit package and an opportunity to share your skills and talents, we would like to hear from you. Please forward your resume and covering letter to [email protected], fax 250.838.2131 or send to
P.O. Box 460
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS:
March 29, 2019
Pursuant to section 16 of the Canadian Human Rights Act preference may be given to applicants of aboriginal ancestry.
Although we thank all who apply, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.