The Splatsin are the most southern tribe of the Shuswap Nation, the largest Interior Salish speaking First Nation in Canada whose aboriginal territory stretches from the BC/Alberta border near the Yellowhead Pass to the plateau west of the Fraser River, southeast to the Arrow Lakes and to the upper reaches of the Columbia River.
The purpose of this full-time position is to ensure smooth functioning of the Title & Rights department by organizing and coordinating team operations and providing administrative support to the Director and team. This role requires a high degree of confidentiality and professional conduct.
- Knowledge of the Splatsin community is valued.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Discretion & respect for confidentiality is essential.
- Clean criminal record check.
- Previous experience recording and transcribing meeting minutes
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant administrative experience.
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel; knowledge of PowerPoint preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- High ethical standards.
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential information.
If you are a reliable, team player that enjoys a dynamic work environment, competitive salary and benefits package and an opportunity to share your skills and talents, we would like to hear from you. Please forward your resume and covering letter to [email protected]or send to:
P.O. Box 460
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: July 6, 2020
Pursuant to section 16 of the Canadian Human Rights Act preference may be given to applicants of aboriginal ancestry.