Our Indian Registry Administrator maintains registered individuals records, issues status cards and submits births, deaths, marriage and divorces in accordance with the Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada Indian Registration and Band List Program. We request that you contact the membership office with supporting documentation to ensure that addresses, deaths, name changes and marriages are properly recorded. Ensuring this information is updated is important for keeping proper statistical information and ensuring important documents reach you (elections voters packages).

Non-Splatsin Band Member Status Card Renewals

If you are not a member of Splatsin and require a renewal of your status card you can contact your band and have your membership clerk send an email or fax to the Indian Registry Administrator:

Elizabeth Jean Brown: membership@splatsin.ca or (250)838-6476.

The verification needs to include:

  • Band letterhead and contact information of the membership clerk
  • Client's full name (first, middle(s), last name; Date of birth; Band name; last known card issued (if possible).

Confirmation of Proof of Status

Individuals who require proof of their own status should contact the Department at [email protected].  The Temporary Confirmation of Registration Document (TCRD) will be mailed to the individual once their identity has been verified.  If a third party wants to confirm whether an individual has status, they will need to approach the individual directly or contact the Department through the Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) Office at [email protected].

Accuracy of Information

The Membership office ensures that the band membership list is accurate and up to date. The office oversees the report of life events, which includes:

  • births
  • deaths
  • marriages and divorces

It is important to report this information to assist in our records maintenance and to ensure that you have no difficulties when assistance is required.


Certificate of Indian Status (CIS)

The Membership office issues Certificate of Indian Status cards. If you have a lost card or require a new or updated card, visit the Splatsin Community Services Program (5775 Old Vernon Road, Enderby, BC) during business hours (8:30 am – 4:30 pm). ISC’s headquarters in Ottawa will require your original documentation to complete your application initiated through the Membership Office. Children 15 years of age and under or Dependent Adults will need to be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.

Requests for CIS application forms can be made in person at any First Nation, or made to Indigenous Services Canada(ISC) British Columbia Regional Office (Vancouver contact (604) 775-5100).

CIS Card application instructions and required documents:

16 & Older

Must provide two pieces of ID


One piece of ID and Guarantor Declaration

15 & Younger

Must have one piece of ID of parent or legal guardian and one piece of ID for child


One piece of ID of parent or legal guardian and one Guarantor Declaration

IMPORTANT - If the legal guardian is applying on behalf of the child, a copy of the legal guardianship order naming the guardian is mandatory. Check IRS: This information may already be in the system.


A Guarantor mush have known the applicant for a minimum of two years. The guarantor must also write: "This is a true likeness of {applicant's name}" on the back of one photo and also sign and date it. This photo must be submitted with the application.



Certificate of Birth

Elected or appointed official (Band Chief or Councillor, Indian

registration administrator, mayor, member of Parliament/

Legislative Assembly)

Health Card

Medical professional (dentist, medical doctor, optometrist,

pharmacist, chiropractor or registered nurse)

Provincial ID Card

Judge, magistrate or police officer (reserve, municipal,

provincial, territorial or RCMP)

Driver's License

Lawyer, Notary Public

Employee ID, with digitized photo

Minister (authorized to perform marriages)

Student ID, with digitized photo


Firearms License

Senior university/college/school administration official and professor/teacher

Old Status Card (cannot be expired for more than 6 months)

Professional Accountant

Passport/Nexus Card (counts as two pieces of ID -

another piece is not required)


Professional engineer

Registered social worker or social service worker

Military personnel (only for Regular Force members and their dependents)

Holder of a valid SCIS (who was 16 years of age or older when he/she applied for the card)

IMPORTANT: Individuals who had a SCIS cannot revert back to a CIS card.

Contact ISC British Columbia Vancouver Regional Office if you have questions, at: (604)775-5100

Secure Certificate of Indian Status (SCIS)

The SCIS is intended to have the following added benefits:

  • Regular SCIS - Enables you to obtain services and benefits conferred exclusively to registered Indians (e.g. Health benefits)
  • Border- crossing SCIS – Used to obtain services and benefits conferred exclusively to registered Indians AND can be used as a border crossing document for entry into the United States by land and water ports-of-entry.
  • ISC Secure Certificate of Indian Status can new be renewed via mail. The ISC forms are available online

Registering a New Birth

The Membership office performs registrations of new births. To register, we require:

  • Original long form birth certificate

Lost your ID? You can get a Temporary Confirmation of Registration Document until you can replace your status card.


Useful Websites

Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada – Indian Status

Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada - Indian Status forms