Learn about the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), what you can do to help prevent the spread of the virus within the community and what the symptoms are. There are currently no treatments or cure for the virus.
COVID-19 Contact Information
If it's a weekday between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm...
- Splatsin Health Services: your first point of contact for questions about COVID-19 and other health-related inquiries
If it's a weeknight or weekend...
- HealthLink BC: 8-1-1
- 1-888-COVID-19: non-medical general information and access to support and resources
- Government of BC Self-Assessment Tool: to assess whether or not you should seek medical attention
- Stay home if possible to prevent getting sick or spreading sickness
- Wash your hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer often
- Avoid touching your face
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow
- Dispose of tissues right away
- Flush the toilet with the lid down
- Practice social distancing: do not use contact greetings such as handshakes, hugs and kisses
- Frequently sanitize surfaces that are touched at home
- Regularly clean and disinfect surfaces in your home
- difficulty breathing
- pneumonia in both lungs
Testing became available in our community on May 1. If you have experienced symptoms of COVID-19 for more than 24 hours, call the Splatsin Health Centre for an assessment over the phone. A Nurse will navigate the most timely and appropriate testing services for you. Testing is done for band members at the Enderby Health Centre by appointment only on weekdays between 1-2 pm. Under special circumstances, a Splatsin Nurse may provide testing at your home.
Learn more about testing for COVID-19 in our community by watching this short video.