The COVID-19 pandemic is affecting all of our lives in different ways. This page contains information that may affect your lifestyle and will be updated as changes happen.
- Shihiya School: closed effective March 23 and will be calling parents between March 30 and April 3 to check-in and plan for at-home learning opportunities. Read the official statement here.
- School District No. 83: teachers will be meeting after spring break to determine how to proceed with distance learning. Read the official statement here.
Appointments and arranging food hampers must be made in advance by phone unless stated otherwise. See contact information below. The SHS Mental Wellness Team is available to help you navigate food banks.
Armstrong Food Bank: (250) 546-3465
3459 Pleasant Valley Rd.
- For residents of Armstrong and Spallumcheen (including Salmon River Reserve)
Enderby & District Food Bank: (250) 938-3114
907 Belvedere St. #102
- April monthly food hampers will be distributed on the 14 & 15 and the 21 & 22
- Hampers will be prepackaged so inform them of allergies
- Pick-up and delivery available
Shuswap Better at Home Program: (250) 253-2749
- For elders needing immediate assistance with emergency food hampers, community resources and delivery drivers
Second Harvest Salmon Arm: (250) 253-7270
360-B Alexander St. N.E.
- No appointment required: pick-up times are Wednesdays 4:30-6 pm and Fridays 1:30-3 pm
- Delivery and to-go bags are available for elders
Vernon Food Bank: (250) 549-4111
3303 32 Ave.
- By appointment only, but bagged lunches are available in their parking lot daily from 1-2 pm
- Deliveries available by calling (250) 838-7250 on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
- Orders must be $25 or greater, payment is by cash or card