A Community Crisis Team (CCT) made of staff and band members has been formed to acquire and deliver weekly essential supplies to elders and vulnerable members age 65 & up. If you do not meet this criteria, there are other resources available to you (see below).
Appointments and arranging food hampers must be made in advance by phone unless stated otherwise. See contact information below. The SHS Mental Wellness Team is available to help you navigate food banks.
All Saints Alliance Church Vernon: (250) 542-3179
3205 27 St.
- Saturday lunch program from 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Armstrong Food Bank: (250) 546-3465
3459 Pleasant Valley Rd.
- For residents of Armstrong and Spallumcheen (including Salmon River Reserve)
Enderby & District Food Bank: (250) 938-3114
907 Belvedere St. #102
- April monthly food hampers will be distributed on the 14 & 15 and the 21 & 22
- Hampers will be prepackaged so inform them of allergies
- Pick-up and delivery available
Enderby Twice But Nice Thirft Store: (250) 838-6822
702 Cliff Ave.
- Bread and produce stand
Shuswap Better at Home Program: (250) 253-2749
- For elders needing immediate assistance with emergency food hampers, community resources and delivery drivers
Second Harvest Salmon Arm: (250) 253-7270
360-B Alexander St. N.E.
- No appointment required: pick-up times are Wednesdays 4:30-6 pm and Fridays 1:30-3 pm
- Delivery and to-go bags are available for elders
The Alliance Church Vernon: (250) 545-7105
2601 43 Ave.
- Small food hampers handed out on Thursdays from 9:30 to 10:30 am
- No appointment necessary
Upper Room Mission Vernon: (250) 549-1231
3403 27th Ave.
- Free hot breakfast from 9:00-9:30 am and lunch from 12:00-12:30 pm and supper from 4:00-4:30 pm on weekdays.
Vernon Food Bank: (250) 549-4111
3303 32 Ave.
- By appointment only, but bagged lunches are available in their parking lot daily from 1-2 pm
- Deliveries available by calling (250) 838-7250 on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
- Orders must be $25 or greater, payment is by cash or card