Yucwmenlúcwu (Caretakers of the Land) 2007 LLP is a cultural and natural resource management company that provides a complete range of environmental, archaeology, and forestry services.
YUCWMENLÚCWU means ‘Caretakers of the Land,’ and that’s the foundation of our approach. With our people’s culture and connection to the land guiding us, we balance conservation and economic development through innovative and practical solutions. We are committed to working with our partners and clients in the early stages of projects to ensure an adaptive approach.
With a highly skilled team of professionals and certified technicians, as well as a number of industry-leading firms as partners, we manage and deliver government, industry and private sector projects from concept to completion with the highest level of standards at every stage. We see ourselves as partners in resource management and sustainable development with our many partners and clients.
"The Creator, in giving the land to the people, required the people to look after the land, the animals, the plants, the water and the air. The Splatsin people are inseparable from the land. It is this deep sense of responsibility that engenders the heartfelt need to be stewards of the land and resources of Secwepemc’ulucw. We will balance conservation and utilization of our resources in a sustainable manner for current and future generations."— (Excerpt from Splatsin’s Comprehensive Community Plan)
Environmental Planning & Management
Our environmental planning and management team have a comprehensive understanding of environmental regulations and regulatory processes, and we’ll lead you through these critical steps to ensure your project is on track.
- Environmental impact assessments
- Environmental research and studies
- Environmental management plans
- Regulatory permitting
- Environmental monitoring
Fisheries & Aquatic Ecology
Fishery resources have been managed by the Splatsin people since time immemorial. Our fisheries team takes great pride in conserving and protecting these important resources through an ecosystem-based approach.
- Fisheries inventory, population and distribution assessments
- Fish and riparian habitat assessments
- Aquatic resource management plans
- Fish and riparian habitat restoration, planning and design
- Fish salvage and relocation
Wildlife & Terrestrial Ecology
Guided by Splatsin’s values, our wildlife team considers the temporal and spatial aspects of each project, including the past, present, and future impacts, to ensure wildlife and critical habitats are protected for future generations.
- Species inventory, population, and distribution assessments
- Species-at-risk surveys and habitat assessments
- Ecosystem description and classification
- Terrestrial habitat restoration, planning and design
- Species salvage and relocation
Water Quality & Quantity
Water has always been an essential source of life as well as an important passageway for the Splatsin people. With our deep respect for this resource in mind, we focus on preserving water quality and quantity.
- Water quality and quantity monitoring programs
- Water quality sampling and analysis
- Hydrometric monitoring and analysis
- Water quality restoration and planning
- Sediment monitoring and analysis
Our approach to archaeological assessments involves consideration of the cultural and environmental settling to facilitate a broader understanding of our cultural heritage.
- Archaeological impact assessments
- Archaeological overview assessments
- Preliminary field reconnaissance
- Archaeological excavation
- Archaeological archival and background research
As leaders in timber supply planning and forestry operations, we identify opportunities to plan and harvest our renewable timber resources in a way that’s safe, sustainable, and profitable.
- Turn-key license management
- Total resource planning and development
- Log marketing and logging supervision
- Surveys, administration, treatments, and planting
- ArcView GIS mapping